Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2019

Hedgehogs

                     HEDGEHOGS


Hedgehogs are mammals .


A hedgehogs is almost completely covered in sharp spines - up to seven thousand of them . Its chest and belly are covered with coarse , grey-brown fur.
Hedgehogs can weigh up to 1.5 kilograms. Baby hedgehogs are sometimes called hoglets and are born in littlers like puppies and kittens. Hedgehogs avoid the coldest parts of winter by hibernating . When a hedgehog hibernating ,its heart rate slows down to almost nothing ,and its temperature drops. This means that it doesn’t have to use much energy to survive.


3 comments:

  1. Kia ora, I am Shari-lee from Gisborne Intermediate School.
    I really liked that you could come back with facts and end up explaining different facts!
    I learnt alot about hedgehogs a lot of interesting things i didn’t know!
    Maybe you could change the formatting because half of the text hangs of the page, and maybe check the grammar..other than that you are great at describing things and i’d love to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bula Vinaka Louvina,
    my name is Jedi and I am a year eight in rimu class. I think that your post about hedgehogs are great. I love the photo's you have added and all the info you have written. Although I was wondering what you posted this post for.

    Like Shari-lee said maybe you could change the formatting because half the text hangs of the page.
    Did you know hedgehogs are illegal in some parts of the U.S?

    -Jedi(✿◠‿◠)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Taig i am a year 8 in stpatricks school maybe you can make it a bit longer next time and i loved the formatting keep it up

    ReplyDelete